• Mon - Sat 10:00AM - 8:00PM EST
  • 2942 Danforth Avenue, Toronto ON
  • + 1-416-686-7713

Temporary Work Visa

Work Permit & LMIA

Intend on working in Canada? Before you can start working and earning income from an employer in Canada as a foreigner worker, you must first obtain your work permit & Labour Market Impact Assessment (LMIA). Depending on your situation, you may apply through one of the following methods:

Temporary Work Permit

In order to work in Canada as a foreign worker, you must obtain a Temporary Work Permit. This permit will allow you to work legally and earn an income in Canada. The employer that hires a foreign worker is responsible for completing a LMIA. Alternatively, those with an Open Work Permit are not required to submit a LMIA on behalf of their employer. To obtain an Open Work Permit, you must be a spouse or common-law partner or dependent child of:

15 +

Years Of Experience

1000 +

Happy Customers

95 %

Success Rate

High Wage / Low Wage LMIA

An employer can hire a foreign worker by offering to pay a low or high wage depending on the supply of workers qualified to do that job in Canada. A positive LMIA indicates there is a need for the foreign worker and the employer must pay at or above the median wage (high wage). Otherwise, the foreign worker may be hired at a wage below the provincial median wage (low age).

  • The employer must: complete the LMIA;
  • Prove no available applicants domestically

Federal Skilled Worker (Express Entry)

Express Entry is considered the fastest and easiest way to immigrate to Canada. To qualify for the Express Entry system, you must be eligible for one of three immigration programs. These options include:

  • The Federal Skilled Worker Program
  • The Federal Skilled Trades Program, or
  • The Canadian Experience Class

For more information, see our immigration programs HERE.

Why Choose Us?

Choosing the right Visa program to apply to can be an overwhelming and confusing process. We will ensure you obtain your Visa in the most simple and cost-effective method available with your needs in mind.

  • Quality Service With Reasonable Fees
  • Evaluation of Visa Options by RCIC
  • Preparation & Completion of Documents
  • Submission to The Canadian Government
  • Legal Advisory & Representation Services

General Frequently Asked Questions (FAQs)

Do I Need Covered Health Insurance?

Yes, if you are a foreign visitor, you will need to have private health insurance during your stay in Canada. Canada’s free health care system is not available for visitors from other countries so you will need minimum coverage during your visitation. If you are a recent immigrant, you will still need visitors to Canada insurance until you are eligible to receive public health insurance in your province. Do not worry! private health insurance in Canada is relatively cheap but knowing what you qualify for can give you more options. For example, if you are an international student, you are eligible for International Student Insurance, or if you are a family member, consider Super Visa Insurance. We can help you figure it out.

Do I Need To Know English Or French?

Yes, most applicants intending to immigrate to Canada must have proof of language ability in either English or French. If you are immigrating from an English-speaking country, you are still required to show proof or complete a language proficiency test like the IELTS (English) or TEF (French) Language Test.

How Much Money Will I Need?

The amount of money you will need depends on the immigration program you apply for, the intended period of visitation, and the number of dependents. Generally speaking, if you are single and are applying for permanent residency under the express entry program, you will need a minimum savings of around $13,000 in Canadian dollars to cover costs of settlement, visa and other legal document processing fees, and basic necessities. You do not need proof of funds if you have a work permit and a valid job offer in Canada or if you apply under the Canadian Experience Class program.

How Much Time Will It Take To Process The Visa?

The time it takes for Visa processing varies depending on the candidate, country, program, and case. Generally, the expected wait time is between 8 to 32 weeks (2 to 8 months) but can be longer. We advise you to contact us if you are not sure or check the estimated processing time for each application type provided by the Government of Canada using the following link: https://www.canada.ca/en/immigration-refugees-citizenship/services/application/check-processing-times.html