Student Visa

Interested in studying abroad? Canada’s education system is among the best in the world. No matter what your age is, many colleges and universities in Canada welcome international students and offer a wide range of courses and programs students can take to excel in their careers. Becoming a Canadian student may also benefit you if you intend to immigrate to Canada in the future under the Canadian Experience Class program. The following options are available to international students who want to study in Canada.


Canadian Study Permit

In order to qualify for a student visa, you must apply to a Designated Learning Institution (DLI) and have received your acceptance letter for a particular course or program. The additional requirements are as follows:

  • Proof of funds to pay for the tuition fees and living expenses during the period of study
  • Have intentions to return to your home country after completing the specified study purpose
  • Must be a law-abiding citizen with no criminal record and not be a risk to the security of Canada.
  • Must be in good health and may be required to complete a medical examination.

International students with student visa status are granted the ability to work and make an income for a maximum of 20 hours per week off-campus during their study semester but may work full-time during the study breaks. Alternatively, students may work on-campus for any duration. Under these conditions, you do NOT need a work permit.

Students successful in obtaining student visa status are allowed to bring their spouse, common-law partner, or dependent children to Canada during the duration of the visa. They will also obtain an Open Work Permit which grants them the ability to work for any employer in Canada and make an income without having to file an LMIA. More information can be found HERE.

Students may also extend their student visa status once their original study purpose concludes but must apply 30 days in advance. In the event that you lose your student visa status (ex. failing to meet the conditions specified under the study permit), you will be arrested and sent back to your country of origin unless you restore your status within 90 days.

15 +

Years Of Experience

1000 +

Happy Customers

95 %

Success Rate

Co-op/Internship Work Permit

For students who intend to complete a co-op or Internship program at their Designated Learning Institution (DLI), they must also acquire a Co-op/Internship Work Permit which informs the government that the student will be working under a student visa status to fulfill their study purpose. The following conditions apply to be eligible for a Co-op/Internship Work Permit.

  • Currently have student visa status or a valid study permit
  • The co-op/internship program has been authorized by the DLI
  • The co-op/internship is required to fulfill the program requirements specified under the study permit
  • The duration of employment must not exceed 50% of the total study program
  • The discipline of study is not primarily English or French or other general interest programs

The co-op/internship program is greatly beneficial for international students who intend to immigrate to Canada under the Canadian Experience Class (Express Entry) program which grants Permanent Residency to those who have graduated from a Canadian DLI and have at least 1 year of full-time work experience.

Post-Graduate Student Work Permit

Upon graduating from a Canadian DLI, students may extend their student visa status by obtaining a post-graduate student work permit which is an Open Work Permit that allows them to work in Canada in any job for a maximum of 3 years. Similar to the co-op/intern work permit, this permit is greatly beneficial for those who intend to immigrate to Canada under the Canadian Experience Class (Express Entry) program. The following conditions apply for a post-graduate student work permit:

  • You have or will be graduating from an eligible program at a Canadian DLI where you have completed full-time studies for at least 8 months prior to your application
  • Must apply within 90 days of receiving confirmation of successful completion of the academic program and notified of receiving your diploma, degree, or certificate
  • Currently hold a valid study permit

Canadian Experience Class (Express Entry)

The Canadian Experience Class (CEC) is an express entry program that allows temporary foreign workers and international students who hold valid visas in Canada the ability to apply for permanent residency after completing the following conditions:

  • If applying under a Temporary Work Visa; 2 years of full-time work experience in Canada or as a student; 1 year of full-time work experience after graduating from a Canadian DIL
  • Worked in a Managerial, Professional, or Skilled and Technical job
  • Achieved the requisite English or French language proficiency benchmark
  • Apply within 1 year after completing your employment term in Canada

Once an applicant is successfully accepted into this program, they will need to undergo a final medical examination and obtain a security clearance after receiving their Invitation to Apply (ITA). If you need a security clearance, please contact us as we can provide you this service.

Why Choose Us?

Choosing the right Visa program to apply to can be an overwhelming and confusing process. We will ensure you obtain your Visa in the most simple and cost-effective method available with your needs in mind.

  • Quality Service With Reasonable Fees
  • Evaluation of Visa Options by RCIC
  • Preparation & Completion of Documents
  • Submission to The Canadian Government
  • Legal Advisory & Representation Services

General Frequently Asked Questions (FAQs)

Do I Need Covered Health Insurance?

Yes, if you are a foreign visitor, you will need to have private health insurance during your stay in Canada. Canada’s free health care system is not available for visitors from other countries so you will need minimum coverage during your visitation. If you are a recent immigrant, you will still need visitors to Canada insurance until you are eligible to receive public health insurance in your province. Do not worry! private health insurance in Canada is relatively cheap but knowing what you qualify for can give you more options. For example, if you are an international student, you are eligible for International Student Insurance, or if you are a family member, consider Super Visa Insurance. We can help you figure it out.

Do I Need To Know English Or French?

Yes, most applicants intending to immigrate to Canada must have proof of language ability in either English or French. If you are immigrating from an English-speaking country, you are still required to show proof or complete a language proficiency test like the IELTS (English) or TEF (French) Language Test.

How Much Money Will I Need?

The amount of money you will need depends on the immigration program you apply for, the intended period of visitation, and the number of dependents. Generally speaking, if you are single and are applying for permanent residency under the express entry program, you will need a minimum savings of around $13,000 in Canadian dollars to cover costs of settlement, visa and other legal document processing fees, and basic necessities. You do not need proof of funds if you have a work permit and a valid job offer in Canada or if you apply under the Canadian Experience Class program.

How Much Time Will It Take To Process The Visa?

The time it takes for Visa processing varies depending on the candidate, country, program, and case. Generally, the expected wait time is between 8 to 32 weeks (2 to 8 months) but can be longer. We advise you to contact us if you are not sure or check the estimated processing time for each application type provided by the Government of Canada using the following link: